Feeling more energy now, I continued working wet in wet , but this time I diluted pastels into the wet paper. I had some florist ribbon handy and made some imprints. Later I tied the painting together with black lines in pastel.
This painting is one of three I did after letting my creativity rest for a few days. I wet the paper after I had done some scribbling with watercolor pencils and Prismacolors. Then, I used pastels to finish up some areas.
Done on a half sheet of watercolors . I started with wet-in-wet idea.Let paint flow downward with thin coats of gouache. Blotted with paper towel and began to get texture. After more layers I defined some areas.When I turned the painting upside down,it reminded me of Cuban Rhumba dancers from my native land.
I began with fluid acrylic washes fairly diluted. I had a couple of pieces from Sumi-e poured sheets of colors and I tored out a couple with the copper color on them. I then poured many layers of more acrylic colors. When dried I added the specs of vibrant colors.It was an enjoyable piece
9x12 acrylics and FW inks I cropped this painting and like it a lot better. I used the pouring method and sort of discovered that I liked the red in it better than I did it when it had other colors. Reminded me of a very emotional Spanish tune. Again, I was inspired by music.
This time of the year, after the flowers are gone in my part of the world, it gets windy and I get moody. I find that pouring wet in wet expresses moods that otherwise can't be got with straight painting.The music I put on to paint by completed the mood. Have done a series. This is no.1
I love to paint and try to do so every day. I am having immense fun blogging. I love being in touch with so many good artists and seing their art. I learn a lot about painting this way. I especially enjoy participating in the challenges.